In the State of Utah, you must complete three steps to receive a driver’s license:
- Take a written exam at the Driver’s License Division (DLD) and obtain a Utah learner’s permit.
- Complete driver education with a high school or commercial school.
- Pass a road test.
A-1 Driving School is a commercial school and can provide the driver’s education for Step 2
What students need to know to be successful
- Present your Utah learner’s permit to A-1 for access to the in-car training scheduling website.
- Be sure to tell your family when you are driving so they won’t worry about you.
- Please have your ride arrive early so that you are not left out alone at night.
- Schedule an appointment for your internet or home study final exam with the main office in your area as soon as you know you are ready for the test.
Please schedule and cancel your in-car training using the Drivetime website.
Remember, if you need to cancel a scheduled drive or observation, you must do so no less than
24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment. Cancellation may be done by contacting A-1’s main
office and leaving a message, or online using schedule2drive.com 24 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment.
If completing the traditional classroom program, students are required to attend nine different lessons.
It is the responsibility of the student to study for their driving test, and they are encouraged to read and
review the Utah Driver Handbook.